Tuesday, November 17, 2009

after dark. season's start. markets. color stripping.

photo album ici.

                          
j'adore...
my ireland hanky purchase. roasted chestnuts. finding my lens cap. paris streets live band gatherings. sunday market dancing. accordions. overdosing on perfected tea. my new fur hat (mm, and fur vest…mm, and fur scarf hehe). walking into my warm flat from the cold. seeing chimneys paint winter. enormous fallen leaves on my walk to the bernards. new company. the scent of paris.

When my morning dose of apple cider vinegar tasted funny, i knew it was coming. it tried. but i battled that almost cold with tea and will and by golly, we won! 
Children playing in leaf piles near place de Madeleine is tres charming. no camera allowed. it would’ve ruined their moment. i wouldn't dare.
I watch people. this makes me smile. and often look a little nuts. i'm ok with that. 
Noel a paris. markets in montmartre? window displays surrounding opera garnier? ice skating in hotel de ville? avenue montaigne dressed up in lights? santa’s village on saint germain des pres? festival d’art sacre de la ville de paris? be still, my heart, BE STILL. i’ve made a list. checked it 645 times. all will be seen. all will be loved. 
Americans for a day. stuffing and all. we are having thanksgiving dinner at sara’s apartment. good times to be had. 
The thought of leaving france hurts my heart. the thought of coming back gives me butterflies. like being in love. the fact that I live here right now… well, there are no words.